eHealth in primary care
From chronic disease management to person-centered eHealth: the necessity for blended care
Healthcare is changing rapidly:
- Thanks to science we all live longer, but we also have to cope with multiple chronic diseases more often.
- Internet makes information accessible for everybody.
- Technology makes the world smaller: we can interact with everybody regardless of time and/or location.
- Patients enter the general practice with more knowledge about their possible disease and probable treatment. They become critical consumers and demand a more involved role regarding their own health management.
- As care industry we are switching from ‘sick-care’ to healthcare.
These are just a view examples of what is going on in healthcare. eHealth can make a huge difference in future care. It could help us control costs, make healthcare more efficient and it could give the patient back his responsibility.
But how can eHealth best be implemented? How can we use eHealth to make the most positive impact possible? And can eHealth really make a change in the live of patients and will it reduce the workload of doctors? These questions where the basis of our study: eHealth in primary care - From chronic disease management to person- centered eHealth: the necessity for blended care